OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
We are a first century Judeo-Christian Messianic congregation returning to the Jewish roots of the faith in the Messiah Yeshua through the Hebraic understanding of the Scriptures. We follow the Divinely inspired Holy Scriptures, commonly referred to as the Old and New Testaments, as God’s Holy Word for us to live by. We seek to understand the Scriptures in the purest form possible, studying them from the Hebrew perspective and in the Hebrew and Greek languages in which they were written.
Elohim is the Hebrew word for God. God’s Holy Name as noted in the original Hebrew language of the Divine Scriptures is YHVH, usually translated as Lord or Adonai in most Bibles. His Son’s Name is Yeshua, translated as Jesus in English. The Holy Spirit is known as the Ruach HaKodesh in Hebrew.
Our mission is to bring the Good News of Yeshua to Jews and Gentiles, making disciples from all nations, teaching all to believe, repent and follow Him.
Scriptural references in parenthesis appear at the bottom of the page.
- We believe the Lord our God is One God – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (1, 2)
- We believe salvation is through Yeshua alone. We are saved by grace, through faith, and not by works. (3, 4, 5)
- We believe God created all things, whether in heaven or on earth or below the earth, through His Son, Jesus the Messiah. (6)
- We believe the Bible, comprised of both the Old and New Testaments, is the infallible Word of God and the contents within are given by inspiration of God and are profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness. (7, 8)
- We believe it is every believer’s responsibility to read and study the Bible for themselves; to hear His voice, to learn His Word, to do His will, and to walk in covenant relationship with Him. (9)
- We believe that Jesus of Nazareth was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born in the flesh as a man, and was crucified for the sins of the world though He knew no sin. Jesus resurrected on the third day according to the Scriptures and He is now seated at the right hand of the Father. (10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
- We believe it is Jesus’ blood that makes atonement for our souls and through Him the priesthood has been changed. Jesus is our new High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek. (16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
- We believe that our Lord and Savior is coming back soon to gather together His children – the elect of God – and bring the world into final judgment. (21)
- We believe true followers of Messiah are sealed with and led by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit (a Witness, an Intercessor, a Teacher and a Helper) testifies that Jesus is the Son of God and convicts the world of sin. A true believer has a very intimate relationship with the Spirit of God and will produce the fruit of the Spirit as promised through the Prophets, Jeremiah and Ezekiel. When the Lord anoints us with the Holy Spirit, we have then become partakers of the promised New Covenant. (22, 23, 24)
- We believe if you love God, you will keep His commandments and all of His commandments are summed up in this: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and strength; and love your neighbor as yourself. (25, 26)
WE DO NOT BELIEVE
- We do not believe in Sacred Name Theology — which affirms one cannot use or say the English names of Jesus, God, or Lord, as they are seen as corrupt versions of His Hebrew name YHVH or Yeshua. We believe this theology is a distraction from what true faith is based on: a relationship with and obedience to God.
- We do not believe in Replacement Theology — which states the Church has replaced Israel; nor Dual Covenant Theology — which claims there are different paths of salvation for Jews and Gentiles.
- We do not believe in Calvinistic Theology — which teaches once you are saved you are always saved. The Bible makes it clear that one can lose his/her salvation if he/she turns their back on God and does not repent of their sins. Faith without works is dead therefore faith requires an ongoing relationship with Jesus in obedience to His Word. (27, 28)
- We do not believe in KJV-Only Theology — which dictates the superiority of the King James Version of the Bible over all other versions, even over the original Hebrew and Greek texts. We primarily use NKJV for reading in English, but acknowledge that most translations convey a majority of Truth. We believe in the importance of studying the Bible in its original languages. (29)
- We do not believe in Anti-Pauline Theology — which declares Paul’s teaching is contrary to that of Jesus and therefore Paul’s doctrines and his Epistles should be rejected. (30)
- Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!
- John 1:1-14
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
- John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
- Acts 4:10-12
Let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
- Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
- John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
- Psalm 119:160
The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.
- 2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
- Deuteronomy 31:12
Gather the people together, men and women and little ones, and the stranger who is within your gates, that they may hear and that they may learn to fear the Lord your God and carefully observe all the words of this law.
- Matthew 1:18
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.
- John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
- John 3:13-17
No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures…
- Luke 22:69
Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God.
- Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.
- Hebrews 4:14
Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
- Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
- Hebrews 8:1
Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens.
- Hebrews 9:22-26
And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
- Mark 13:26-27
Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.
- Ephesians 1:13
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.
- John 16:8
And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.
- Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
- Matthew 22:35-40
Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
- John 14:15
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.”
- 1 John 1:8-9
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
28. James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
29. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
30. A few scriptural examples proving the legitimacy of Paul’s ministry: Acts 9:1-18, 15:22; *1 Cor 9:1-2; *Gal 2:9, 2 Peter 3:15-16. * Denotes books written by Paul; the others are outside of Paul’s writings.