With the change of the seasons and nice weather, men can easily get overwhelmed with projects around the house and miss out on quality time with family and friends. CFM Men’s Ministry would like to offer a solution: Men’s Serve.
What is Men’s Serve?
Men’s Serve is an opportunity to get projects done in a fraction of the time it would take to do them alone. The beauty of this is the multiplication of man hours. One Sunday each month, three or four men head over to a host house (man’s home where work is needed). They spend four hours working on a project which is a total of 12-16 hours of manual labor. They then have the rest of the day to spend with family and friends; not to mention the host has a completed project and is now free to enjoy the other Sundays of the month.
The host prepares all the materials needed to complete a job. Projects can be anything: painting, sealing a deck, cleaning the yard, installing a fence, etc. When the scheduled day arrives, guys head over to the host’s home, with tools in hand if requested. Once the project is completed, the host serves lunch.
What does a day look like?
- 7:45 am — Arrive at the host’s house. Greetings and prayer.
- 8:00‐11:45 am — Fellowship/work time = FUN!!
- 11:45 am — Clean up.
- 12:00 pm — Lunch (provided by the host).
- Leave whenever the host kicks you out!!
Are you interested in participating?
If you have a home project that you would like help with or if you want to serve someone else, please complete the form below.
Dates available for 2021:
- Sunday, May 2
- Sunday, June 6
- Sunday, July 11
- Sunday, August 15
- Sunday, September 12
Advantages of Men’s Serve:
- The host frees up time to spend with family.
- Everyone involved works as a genuine community: I help you, you help me!
- Men get a chance to interact and fellowship together while accomplishing necessary tasks.
- When neighbors see a blitzkrieg of work being done by fellow believers this will have a TeenServe-like effect opening up doors to share our faith and our awesome congregation!